Here’s How to Make a Poached Egg in the Air Fryer
Such an easy trick for anyone who struggles with poached eggs on the stove.
If you’ve ever tried to make a poached egg before, you know the struggle. Getting the water boiling just right, making sure it’s swirling at the right speed in the right direction and even checking the freshness of your eggs are all important factors. And on top of all that, you have to make sure the egg doesn’t break as soon as you set it in! Of all the ways to cook an egg, poaching tends to be one of the most frustrating.
That’s why you should know how to make a poached egg in the air fryer. It’s an easy, quick hack that will make your mornings so much better.
How to Make a Poached Egg in the Air Fryer
This wonderful idea comes from TikTok user Eileen Bell over at @blendedbybell. As I mentioned before, poaching an egg can be a difficult task. Some of us can’t seem to get it right—and I’m one of them! It’s hard to keep trying when all you do is end up wasting all the eggs in your fridge. That’s why Eileen thought there had to be an easier way—and she was right! This trick is a lifesaver for all of us air fryer owners out there.
@blendedbybell The most beautiful egg I ever did see #poachedegghack #poachedegg #airfryerhacks #airfryertiktok #foryou #fyp ♬ This Magic Moment – Drifters
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Boil water and pour it into a ramekin
- Break an egg into the ramekin
- Place the ramekin in the air fryer
- Cook the egg for 11 minutes at 340°F
- Remove the ramekin from the air fryer
Yes, it’s that simple, and you’ll come out with a perfectly poached egg every time. Hallelujah!
How Else Can You Cook Eggs in the Air Fryer?
We love using our air fryers because they’re so versatile. Here are a few other ways to cook your eggs:
- Hard boiled-eggs: Preheat your air fryer to 275°. Place your eggs in a single layer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the air fryer, place in cold water and enjoy!
- Scotch eggs: Preheat your air fryer to 400°. Divide and flatten your sausage into six portions. Season with salt and pepper. Place section around a peeled hard-boiled egg and roll in cornflake crumbs. Place in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 12 minutes.
- Ham and egg pockets: Preheat your air fryer to 300°. Create your egg mixture and cook over medium heat. Fold in ham and cheese. Take your crescent triangles and add the filling. Place in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.