Brunch Hash & Egg Bake
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until almost tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in an ovenproof 12-in. skillet, cook and crumble sausage with onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; wipe skillet clean.
- In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Stir in sausage mixture. Remove from heat.
- With the back of a spoon, make eight wells in potato mixture. Break one egg into each well. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until egg whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 460 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 234mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 20, 2016
Very good recipe. This recipe has been in my family for generations. In fact, my father's parents made it a lot, but we used ground beef. Either meats would be fine with me as it is good. We didn't place it in the oven. We did it all on the stove top as back then folks were being conservative with electricity and grandma always thought it was cheaper to use the stop top than the oven.