Chicken Brunch Bake
Chunks of tender chicken add heartiness to this appealing brunch casserole. This was my son's favorite hot lunch meal from high school. —DeLee Jochum, Dubuque, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 9 slices day-old bread, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes and broth. Add chicken, rice, pimientos, parsley and, if desired, salt; mix well. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour eggs over all.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 233 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Chicken Brunch Bake in Quick Cooking November/December 1999