Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
Makes2 casseroles (6 servings each)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, whisk together soup and milk.
- Toss chicken with pepper; divide between two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Layer with ham, Swiss cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup mixture and stuffing. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, about 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 555 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 1055mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 46g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2019
This is a great make-ahead meal. Delicious! Would be great on its own for a busy weeknight. If you have a little more time, try this. I added a side of mashed potatoes, (from the freezer) corn and dinner rolls. A weeknight feast with very little effort.
Apr 27, 2018
Didn't come out very well. Will not make again.
Apr 24, 2018
Very good! Kids even liked it.
Jan 22, 2018
This is a very good casserole and my son loves chicken cordon bleu, so this is one of his favorite casseroles.
Aug 24, 2017
I'm so glad I saw this recipe on FB! I'm looking forward to the leftovers!!! I used the last of my Thanksgiving stuffing that I had in the freezer. The recipe is easy to assemble and bake. I served it with cranberry sauce and steamed broccoli! Will make this again, for sure.
May 17, 2017
Made this for a dinner party. My guests all had second helpings. My family loved it. Definitely will make this again.
Jan 26, 2017
Everyone seemed to like this very much. I wasn't as impressed. The taste of the stuffing overwhelmed everything. If you like stuffing, you'll like this recipe.
Nov 21, 2016
I will make again. Very tasty and easy to put together.
Nov 17, 2016
Easy and yummy! Everyone in the family enjoyed it.
Nov 8, 2016
My family liked this recipe. Will make again.