Chicken Cordon Bleu Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine cornflakes and seasonings. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 461 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 58g protein.
Oct 6, 2015
Looks nice, flavor good and corn flakes add nice crunch. Be cautious with serving as toothpicks may be hidden. Really needs a bit of sauce.
Feb 12, 2015
A hit, looks nice!
Oct 27, 2013
Made this for dinner last night. Love the crunch of the corn flakes. The delicate flavor of garlic was just right. I also used provolone. Kicks up the flavor another notch. I will make this again, and again and again.
Jun 2, 2013
Simple, tasty & easy to adjust for the number of people you're feeding. Love it!
May 22, 2013
This is a good recipe and I didn't find it bland at all. The cornflakes are a nice change of pace from bread crumbs because it makes a much crisper coating, which I enjoyed. I used provolone instead of Swiss cheese, and smoked ham, which was a really good combination with the chicken.
Nov 18, 2012
Made 2 times. Second time I crushed seasoned croutons instead of corn flakes. Gave a nice flavor
Feb 20, 2012
This recipe is bland and tasteless. It needs butter or something to add flavor. Similar recipes dip the chicken rolls in butter, not egg wash, before rolling in crumbs. Or you could drizzle butter over the top before baking. Everything else is fine.
Dec 11, 2011
This came out just like the picture for me! It is very stunning to serve - looks much more complex than it really is. I used panko instead of the cornflakes because that's what I had in my pantry. Next time I'll add some paprika or dry mustard for more seasoning.
Nov 6, 2011
I think this is the best Cordon Bleu recipe I've tried, the family loves this one and it's easy.
Nov 23, 2010
My husband hates chicken and he could not get enough of this. Also my 11 yr old ate it right up. Very good