Chicken Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in. thickness; spread butter on the insides. Sprinkle with thyme. Top with a slice of ham and cheese; roll up tightly. Wrap each with 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk. Place flour in another bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano and cheese. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture; dip into flour to coat. Dip each again into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 654 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 280mg cholesterol, 961mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 70g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 20, 2019
I wish there was 10 stars because that's what this recipe deserves. My husband could not stop saying yum, or my this is great and on and on. This recipe is a keeper for us the added bacon was an excellent choice. The Cordon Bleu that I have had wasn't this flavorful. Easy recipe and it's a keeper for us! Jim, if Florida was next to Idaho I'd find you and give you a great big hug.
Apr 13, 2019
This was so good I made it two weeks in a row. I like this recipe and find it was very easy to double and freeze some for another time.
Feb 21, 2019
I prepared this recipe for company and everyone loved it. I made no changes. It was delicious.
Feb 9, 2014
very good and very easy. I used chicken thighs, and missed the step about double dipping so it was only dipped once but still very good.
Mar 27, 2013
Very good recipe, we have made it time and time again, great for a special meal.
Oct 28, 2011
This recipe has become a favorite of mine. Thanks!
Mar 13, 2011
Great recipe. I have made this for years. My best friend has even requested it as her birthday dinner.
Nov 3, 2010
an excellent chicken dish
Jul 17, 2009
This is my husband's favorite meal. He requests this often for his birthday.