Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Flatten the chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread mustard on one side; sprinkle with paprika. Top each with a ham slice. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Brush chicken with mayonnaise; roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; cover loosely. Microwave on high for 7 minutes; turn chicken. Cook 5-1/2 minutes more or until meat is no longer pink; keep warm.
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat butter on high for 20 seconds; stir in flour until smooth. Cook, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Add milk and salt. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened. Stir in cheese until smooth. Add wine. Discard toothpicks from chicken; serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 470 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 49g protein.
Oct 6, 2015
I use this sauce recipe with the chicken cordon bleu roll recipe. Yum
Sep 5, 2015
The white sauces complimented the dish very nicely
Nov 3, 2010
This was a hit at my house. However, I cooked it in the oven not the microwave at 350 until the chicken was done.
Jun 1, 2010
Very good and after a bit of time pounding the chicken it was very quick to make. I added a few garlic croutons when making the bread crumbs and I think that upped the taste. Not a crispy coating when done in the microwave, but very tasty. My family liked it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.