Quick Chicken Cacciatore
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cooked spaghetti or rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place the chicken breasts over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, chilies and seasonings. Pour over the chicken; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with spaghetti or rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 215 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 13, 2012
Super easy and relatively tasty. Definitely a go-to when I'm short on time. Thanks for the recipe!
Dec 28, 2011
This is very tasty. The chicken ends up very juicy too.
Nov 1, 2011
Delicious, easy to make and healthy. All the things I look for in a recipe. I put it over wheat pasta. Even just the veggies and sauce with pasta would be great too. I will definitely make this again and again!
Jan 30, 2011
I've made this often over the last 15 yrs.. It is a family favorite..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.