Pressure-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place onions in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add the next 11 ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken with sauce over pasta.
Mar 30, 2019
This was my first Instant Pot recipe. I chose it because it was simple and I had the ingredient. It was very good. Next time I would brown the chicken and bump up the seasoning a bit for our taste. We both enjoyed it.
Mar 22, 2018
I thought I followed this recipe exactly but obviously I did something wrong. It was so liquity it was more like tomato soup. Horrible. I won't be making this again.
Mar 11, 2018
How would you adjust for an 8qt IP.