Pressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + releasing
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place onions in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add the next 11 ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken with sauce over pasta.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 30, 2019
This was my first Instant Pot recipe. I chose it because it was simple and I had the ingredient. It was very good. Next time I would brown the chicken and bump up the seasoning a bit for our taste. We both enjoyed it.
Mar 22, 2018
I thought I followed this recipe exactly but obviously I did something wrong. It was so liquity it was more like tomato soup. Horrible. I won't be making this again.
Mar 11, 2018
How would you adjust for an 8qt IP.