Chunky Chicken Cacciatore
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Sliced ripe olives and shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place chicken and vegetables in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with oregano. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; break up slightly with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker. Serve with spaghetti. If desired, top with olives and cheese.
Freeze Option: Place the first 6 ingredients in a freezer container and freeze. To use, place container in refrigerator 48 hours or until contents are completely thawed. Cook and serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 285 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Oct 30, 2019
This recipe came up under your low carb options; however, the spaghetti noodles are not low carb. In order to make this low carb, you would need to either eliminate the noodles, or use zoodles or other low carb noodle option.
Jun 14, 2018
This dish was so good have made it over and over again.
Jan 19, 2016
Okay taste but it's not Cacciatore without mushrooms and it shouldn't have olives.