Cacciatore Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup canned stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Cook chicken over medium-high heat until juices run clear, 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, garlic salt, rosemary and pepper to the skillet. Stir in onion mixture and heat through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup sauce: 272 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Jun 18, 2019
I adapted this recipe for two to my skillet pressure cooker...10 minutes with natural release. I used skinless bone in chicken breasts and diced tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes as we don't care for the sweetness in stewed tomatoes. I had a small amount of cabbage to use up so I threw that into the mix. I used dehydrated minced garlic instead of garlic salt. Sliced the chicken off of the bone and served it with multi-grain blend. Delicious!
Jun 14, 2019
First time using breast meat. Very good , not the least bit dry. I added mushrooms. And instead of stewed tomatoes I added some fresh and store bought grape tomatoes to the sauce. Added a slice of provolone cheese to the top. Prepped everything earlier for convince. Assembled everything and warmed up in the oven. Delish. Cut the breast into small serving sized pieces to serve.
Sep 19, 2012
My husband really liked this, I added some swiss cheese to it as well.
Jul 27, 2011
I thought the recipe looked a little plain but it was delicious!I doubled the veggies and sauce ingredients; and also salt & peppered the chicken before cooking it.