Quick Chicken Parmesan
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 12 ounces frozen grilled chicken breast strips (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips; cook and stir 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without pasta): 248 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2018
What about leave out the garlic in the pasta?
Jan 19, 2018
To lpugh9 - How can you give this recipe a "3" star when you changed the ingredients and " didn't cover the pan " ? It was your own mistake, not the recipe ..... !!! Really ?
Oct 2, 2017
For me the sauce was a little too thick, I should have covered the pan while simmering. I didn't think the sauce had a lot of flavor maybe because I used the chicken broth instead of the red wine. I don't plan to make it again.
Jan 9, 2017
The sauce is delicious. My husband loved it and says this recipe is definitely a keeper.
Sep 29, 2015
This meal was awesome, the family and i love pasta/meat meals. I did use the dry red wine (Big California Cab.Sav.) and used less of the sugar and the Italian seasoning. Thank you for your first pasta meal.
Dec 2, 2014
I love this sauce!!! It is very tasty and light. I made this with leftover cooked turkey instead of the grilled chicken. I doubled the sauce to use some on the pasta. Definitely a keeper. Thank you!