Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce or tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Stir 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into pasta sauce. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes or until browned. Pour sauce mixture over chicken, turning to coat with sauce. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Oct 6, 2015
This is a good basic recipe. I made it as written the first time and found the chicken to be a bit bland. Next time I made it I added fresh garlic, pepper and parm cheese to the chicken.. We enjoyed that much better
Apr 15, 2014
This was nice and easy...and delicious.
Dec 4, 2013
Mar 11, 2013
I used thin-sliced breast fillets & added herbs & garlic powder to organic tomato sauce. It was much simpler than a baked chicken Parmesan I'd been making for over 30 years. A couple pieces were a little tough but I'd say, Thumbs Up!
Feb 22, 2012
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs. It was so good. I will make this again!
Jan 18, 2012
Yum, this is so filling and good, its hard to believe its healthy! Husband loved it, I didnt even need any sides to go w it thats how filling it was!
Mar 1, 2011
My husband has never raves so many times about any recipe I made in the 45 years we have been married! I changed it, once by accident and once out of necessity. I was in a hurry and dumped all the Parmesan into the sauce. But it thickened it and made it nice! I also added some Basil, Oregano, and Italian Seasoning. Then I realized I needed Mozzarella but only had cheddar. So I grated the Cheddar and it was FANTASTIC! It is now my husband's favorite dish and so easy to make!
Apr 25, 2010
Very easy to make & my family loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.