Quick Chicken Parmesan
- 12 ounces frozen grilled chicken breast strips (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips; cook and stir 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same skillet, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with pasta.
1 cup (calculated without pasta): 248 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Oct 29, 2018What about leave out the garlic in the pasta?
Jan 19, 2018
To lpugh9 - How can you give this recipe a "3" star when you changed the ingredients and " didn't cover the pan " ? It was your own mistake, not the recipe ..... !!! Really ?
Oct 2, 2017
For me the sauce was a little too thick, I should have covered the pan while simmering. I didn't think the sauce had a lot of flavor maybe because I used the chicken broth instead of the red wine. I don't plan to make it again.
Jan 9, 2017
The sauce is delicious. My husband loved it and says this recipe is definitely a keeper.
Sep 29, 2015
This meal was awesome, the family and i love pasta/meat meals. I did use the dry red wine (Big California Cab.Sav.) and used less of the sugar and the Italian seasoning. Thank you for your first pasta meal.
Dec 2, 2014
I love this sauce!!! It is very tasty and light. I made this with leftover cooked turkey instead of the grilled chicken. I doubled the sauce to use some on the pasta. Definitely a keeper. Thank you!