Parmesan Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 182 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Sep 25, 2015
Very good and easy to make
Oct 6, 2013
Awesome, awesome, awesome! My 11 year old who has suddenly discovered he "hates" chicken, absolutely loved this dish! Will be using this recipe again!!
Aug 18, 2013
Have made this ever since it was published in QC. I usually smush the egg and water together in a gallon ziplok bag and place chicken tenders in the bag to coat. Most of the time I use equal amounts of bread crumbs and Parmesan. Delicious, a real hit with my kids.
Feb 7, 2013
This was a wonderful meal!!! My children all loved it. The chicken was moist, full of flavor, & the crust stayed on great! Even IThough it was cooked in a skillet, you could cut it with a fork as if it had been in a slow cooker all day. This is a keeper!
Sep 17, 2012
It was good but the crust came off of most of it...not sure if it was what I did or the recipe
Jan 23, 2012
This was very simple to make. I had all of the ingredients on hand, which was nice.
Nov 19, 2010
Panko Italian bread crumbs made this recipe amazing :)
Apr 5, 2010
Excellent recipe. Easy, quick and delicious.
Feb 4, 2010
I love when a recipe is good and easy as well. Crunchy outside, moist inside. I used what was on my shelf which was Panko style bread crumbs I seasoned with salt & pepper. I had to use more oil than called for, 2 Tbsp wouldn't coat bottom of my skillet. One tip: while browning each side, just leave it alone. It will release from pan when browned and you'll end up with a nice crust.
Nov 23, 2009
this is our favorite chicken parm recipe. so easy and delicious, the first time i made it we knew it was a keeper!