Parmesan Chicken Couscous
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) Parmesan couscous
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook walnuts over medium heat in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add the spinach, chicken, water, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in walnuts and sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 391 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
May 17, 2018
This was really good, and super easy. I think I'll add cherry tomatoes and feta cheese next time.
Mar 4, 2018
This was really good and really simple! We loved this and I'm definitely going to make it again. The nuts gave the perfect crunch!Update: I made this again this evening but must have accidentally over-toasted the walnuts. Do NOT do this! The walnut taste completely overpowered everything else in the dish and it just tasted "off". Next time I will be more careful with the walnuts. Otherwise, still quite yummy! I'll also lower the chicken to about only 1C, but that's personal preference.
Feb 13, 2017
This recipe made for a quick and easy dinner! Also could be used as a side dish / appetizer as well. Good flavor. Big hit with the family!
Sep 23, 2015
I made this last night, and it was a big hit. I will definitely make this again.
Jul 28, 2015
Love it , easy to make
May 12, 2015
Pretty good. Very easy to make, one dish, but unique. I wasn't sure about the walnuts and spinach, but they ended up adding some nice crunch and extra flavor.The directions were a little unclear. I figured it out, but they don't say what to do with the spice packet in the couscous box (I added it to the boiling water mixture). Still, I'll definitely make this again!
Jan 24, 2014
I made this recipe as is and my husband and toddler LOVED IT! I will definitely be making this again soon.
Aug 19, 2012
any suggestions if I want to substitute regular couscous to avoid sodium? what's in the packaged parmesan couscous that I could add in
Aug 16, 2012
I used chicken stock in place of water and put the chicken in raw. It was thinly cut so cooked though following the above steps.. Great easy dinner
May 3, 2012
Easy and yummy!