Balsamic Chicken with Broccoli Couscous
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Stir in vinegar, honey and Italian seasoning; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth, garlic powder and pepper to a boil. Stir in broccoli and couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Stir in cheese. Serve chicken with couscous.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1 cup couscous: 397 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Sep 14, 2019
I cut this recipe in half, since it's just me. I loved the sauce for the chicken! But when it came to the couscous, I did not add frozen broccoli, but I steamed fresh broccoli spears, and then laid them on top of the couscou and put a lid on it just so they might pick up a little of that flavor. But all in all, this is a wonderful dish! Healthy and tasty. Plus, I get to have it again for lunch the next day or so if I want. Or, freeze it. ??
Jan 30, 2019
Delicious! I was worried that this would not be well liked because of the balsamic vinegar, but it was loved by everyone including children (age 2 and 6). I tripled the sauce so there would be plenty to dip the chicken in. I didn't have couscous so I used quinoa (followed cooking directions on its package). Will make again!
Dec 11, 2016
tasty and easy!!!
Sep 11, 2016
Fabulous. Easy and flavorful. Both were great, but the chicken was our favorite. I realized I was out of couscous when the liquid was already boiling, so substituted bulgur and it still turned out great. This will go into our regular meal rotation.
Aug 27, 2014
This was a nice, quick recipe to make, and it tasted great! Will definitely make this one again.