Herbed Balsamic Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- Whisk together all ingredients except chicken. In a bowl, toss chicken with 1/3 cup vinegar mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 170°, 6-8 minutes per side. Drizzle with remaining vinegar mixture before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 2 teaspoons sauce: 245 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2018
OK... So if we want to do in the oven.. Instructions? ??
Feb 20, 2018
Nummy and low cal. What's not to love?
Sep 9, 2017
I liked this recipe; it was quick and easy to make. The balsamic gave the chicken a tang! I used chicken tenderloins rather than thighs, but it wouldn't change the recipe at all. I used dried herbs, since that's what I had. Not a bad recipe for a quick dinner!