Herbed Balsamic Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- Whisk together all ingredients except chicken. In a bowl, toss chicken with 1/3 cup vinegar mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 170°, 6-8 minutes per side. Drizzle with remaining vinegar mixture before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 2 teaspoons sauce: 245 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Feb 20, 2018
Nummy and low cal. What's not to love?
Sep 9, 2017
I liked this recipe; it was quick and easy to make. The balsamic gave the chicken a tang! I used chicken tenderloins rather than thighs, but it wouldn't change the recipe at all. I used dried herbs, since that's what I had. Not a bad recipe for a quick dinner!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.