Herbed Balsamic Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- Whisk together all ingredients except chicken. In a bowl, toss chicken with 1/3 cup vinegar mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 170°, 6-8 minutes per side. Drizzle with remaining vinegar mixture before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 2 teaspoons sauce: 245 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Jan 17, 2020
Thanks! It was helpful. I would like to help people out there through my experience. Being on a diet is pretty much difficult as I used to have these cravings for pizzas and sandwiches. So one fine day my friend suggested me this so called keto bread. It is a recipe guide by a nutritional biochemist, Kelley Herring. After going through her website: //*https://bit.ly/379hIZv*// , I have learnt that traditional bread produces certain compounds that trigger receptors in our brain causing pleasure whenever we consume cheese, pizza,etc. This, over a time causes cravings, eventually making it impossible to burn fat, which is the worst we can do to our body. Also that, gluten free products contain arsenic that lead to headaches, fatigue, brain fog, digestive issues, heart disease, cancer and diabetes. And then I got her guide and ended up baking grain free low carb bread and trust me, I never felt the need to cheat on my diet and the best thing is that the taste was all same. I have a healthy body now, in a shape I dreamt of. I would highly recommend you to go through her website, she is assuring 100% money-back guarantee.
Oct 18, 2018
OK... So if we want to do in the oven.. Instructions? ??
Feb 20, 2018
Nummy and low cal. What's not to love?
Sep 9, 2017
I liked this recipe; it was quick and easy to make. The balsamic gave the chicken a tang! I used chicken tenderloins rather than thighs, but it wouldn't change the recipe at all. I used dried herbs, since that's what I had. Not a bad recipe for a quick dinner!