Herbed Barbecued Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jan 4, 2017
I pounded a rather thick breast, used 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, avocado oil and marinated 4-5 hours. Baked at 325 for 25 minutes after baking a russet potato. DH said it was good. It was tender and flavorful.
Jul 10, 2016
Very easy and delicious!
Jun 10, 2015
Nice, marinade was easy and they grilled to perfection.
Nov 3, 2014
Simple and elegant!
Jun 30, 2014
This marinade is delicious. The seasoning gives the chicken a little crunch.
May 19, 2011
Very yummy marinade. Ended up pan frying my chicken in the marinade as it was to windy to bbq, but can't wait to try it again. Next time though i think i'll halve the rosemary.
Apr 20, 2010
This makes the most fantastic grilled chicken ever!
May 22, 2009
Aug 24, 2008
We loved the flavors of this marinade! Grilled pineapple & corn on the cob go really well with this dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.