Kentucky Grilled Chicken
This chicken is perfect for an outdoor summer meal, and my family thinks it's fantastic. It takes about an hour on the grill but is worth the wait. I use a new paintbrush to "mop" on the basting sauce. -Jill Evely, Wilmore, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place chicken breast bone side down and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 283 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 2 fat.
Originally published as Kentucky Grilled Chicken in Taste of Home August/September 2003