Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first four ingredients. With paper towels, pat chicken dry; add to bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 in. of oil; fry chicken until browned on all sides. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels.
Aug 27, 2013
This is the way I was taught to fry chicken when I was a child. Of course back then, we put it into a brown paper bag and shook to coat. Then drained the cooked chicken onto another brown paper bag. Delicious every time!
Nov 11, 2011
I've always made my chicken like this. Most of the time I leave out the garlic but it is good both ways.
May 28, 2011
This is how I have made fried chicken for YEARS! Good teacher; my mom! My grandchildren tell their parents to 'go out to dinner' on the nights I make this for them. We have a great time, and they LOVE fried chicken!!!
Sep 29, 2010
There's nothin' better than fried chicken!