Crispy Onion Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup French onion dip
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed potato chips
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten chicken breasts evenly. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine sour cream and onion dip. In another shallow bowl, combine potato chips and bread crumbs. Dip chicken in the sour cream mixture, then potato chip mixture.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 389 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 19, 2011
Very moist but not crispy enough for my hubby (not crazy about chicken) so crispy it most be.
Sep 17, 2011
This turned out fantastic, and it's a great way to get picky eaters to finish their white meat. I cooked it in my convection toaster oven, and it was perfectly moist.
Aug 10, 2011
I made this last night for my husband's Birthday Dinner and I was very disappointed. I had had the Potato Chip Chicken on a camp out with Other Girl Scout Leaders and was hoping this would be as good. The breadcrumbs did nothing for the texture of the coating and did not mix well with the Oinion Dip and Chips. I will be searching an oven version of the Camp Fire Potato Chip Chicken. Sorry.