Tasty Onion Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Place the onions in another shallow bowl. Dip the chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 26, 2018
This is so easy and so delicious. The butter mix keeps the chicken moist and the French fried onions give it a wonderful crunch and flavor.
Apr 4, 2016
Very easy & quick, really tasty. I used Dijon for the mustard & used a large can of French fried onions for extra coating. Will make it again.
Jan 28, 2016
This is one of our favorite chicken dinners. It is so easy to prepare and so tasty. Hubby loves it. We have it frequently. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Oct 14, 2015
My family loves this and so do guestsquick easy and turns out perfect everytime!even fussy toddlers love this dish
May 27, 2015
Amazing. I use chicken breast so I have to flatten the meat or cook it longer than the suggested time to make sure it is done. This tastes incredible!
Apr 29, 2015
I made this with chicken thighs because that's what I had on hand. My family loved it and asked me to make it again soon.
Dec 28, 2014
I am always looking for new ways to make baked chicken and this one is a winner. Love the onion crunch and the worcestershire, mustard butter coating gives the chicken a really good flavor!
Dec 5, 2014
This is the best chicken dish ever nice and moist:):)
Feb 24, 2014
Yummy and so very easy to make on a week night. I made these this evening using the chicken thighs. Smelled great cooking. I agree with others that it is a keeper recipe, but I will cut back on the butter next time. They were just a bit too greasy, but definitely yummy.
Jan 18, 2014
Very good and easy. Will definitely make again!