Flavorful Onion Burgers
Cheddar cheese and Thousand Island dressing make this moist and juicy burger from Dave Bremson of Plantation, Florida a real family treat. The amount of flavor this burger packs with just a few simple ingredients will really surprise you.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 1 large onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 tablespoons prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- Slice onion into 1/2-in.-thick rings; thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the green pepper, cheese, parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Move onion to indirect heat. Place burgers over direct heat. Cover and grill for 10-14 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender, turning burgers once.
- Spread bun bottoms with dressing; top each with lettuce, tomato, onion and a burger. Replace bun tops.
Feb 27, 2017
This is the best burger I have ever made!!! Delicious and juicy and full of flavor!!!
Jun 7, 2011
Jun 13, 2009
What a wonderful burger. Especially with Vadilia onions. Red onion are great as well.