Chicken & Onion Caesar Salad
My Caesar with grilled chicken is a healthier alternative to heavy meat and potatoes dishes. After grilling the kabobs, we serve them family style. —Melissa Adams, Tooele, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 4 small red potatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion and 2 tablespoons salad dressing; toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine potatoes with 2 tablespoons salad dressing.
- Alternately thread chicken and onion onto metal or soaked wooden skewers, leaving space between each piece. Thread potatoes onto separate metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- On a greased grill rack, grill potatoes, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Add chicken kabobs; grill 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, turning skewers occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, pepper and remaining salad dressing. Add romaine, chicken, potatoes, onion and cheese; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 441 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Killer Kabob Caesar Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.