Chicken & Onion Caesar Salad
My Caesar with grilled chicken is a healthier alternative to heavy meat and potatoes dishes. After grilling the kabobs, we serve them family style. —Melissa Adams, Tooele, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 4 small red potatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 small bunch romaine, torn
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion and 2 tablespoons salad dressing; toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine potatoes with 2 tablespoons salad dressing.
- Alternately thread chicken and onion onto metal or soaked wooden skewers, leaving space between each piece. Thread potatoes onto separate metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- On a greased grill rack, grill potatoes, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Add chicken kabobs; grill until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes, turning skewers occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, pepper and remaining salad dressing. Add romaine, chicken, potatoes, onion and cheese; toss to coat.