Chicken Pasta Caesar Salad
My colleagues and I made a pact to eat healthier, and we took turns sharing dishes. I'm happy to report that, thanks to recipes like this crisp and tangy salad, we all trimmed down. —Teresa Jordan, Springville, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Toss with remaining ingredients; serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 422 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Light Pasta Ceasar Salad in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016