Chili-Lime Roasted Chickpeas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking sheet with foil. Spread chickpeas in a single layer over foil, removing any loose skins. Bake until very crunchy, 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining ingredients. Remove chickpeas from oven; let cool 5 minutes. Drizzle with oil mixture; shake pan to coat. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 178 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 10, 2020
Thought the taste was good. The crunchiness, however, was gone before they were even cooled. I assume the humidity in my area is to blame since they were very crunchy when I removed them from the oven. Disappointing :(
Jan 18, 2020
Did everything that it said..not too impressed. Added 5 minutes to the bake time and they still are bit mushy in the middle. Sauce was tasty...but Wont do it again.
Jan 17, 2020
How far ahead can these be made and still retain their crunchiness?? Superbowl 2020 is just around the corner and these sound like a really nice treat for our party.
Oct 17, 2019
I baked the chickpeas 50 minutes at 400 degrees then added the seasoning, but they weren't crunchy at all!
Sep 26, 2017
My new favorite snack! The limes give it the tiniest hint of sweetness.