Pressure Cooker Beef Burritos with Green Chiles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min. + releasing
- 4 cans (7 ounces each) whole green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 14 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, sliced ripe olives
- Drain chiles, reserving liquid. Coarsely chop chiles; place in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add tomatoes, onion and reserved drained liquid. Combine garlic, salt, cumin and cayenne; rub over roast. Halve roast; place in pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 80 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. A thermometer inserted in beef should read at least 165°.
- Remove roast; shred with two forks. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; discard cooking juices. Return beef and vegetables to pressure cooker; heat through. Serve in tortillas, with toppings if desired.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 355 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2019
Twelve months ago I constantly had to go to the bathroom. I thought it was because I gave up soft drinks and was only drinking water. One day I had a stomachache. I was in bed for 4 days. The doctor's appointment was for a Wednesday. I got sick and went to emergency room on a Monday. I was told my blood sugar level was 810 and I have diabetes. I was taking taking metformin 1000 mg twice daily. It Wasn't really helping Last year, a family friend told me about Organic Herbal clinic and their successful Diabetes TREATMENT, I visited their website ww w . organicherbalclinic. co m and ordered their Diabetes Formula, i am happy to report the treatment effectively treated and reversed my Diabetes, most of the symptoms stopped, I'm able to eat well, sleep well and exercise regularly., I'm pretty active now and my attitude is extremely positive.