Pressure-Cooker Black Bean Chicken Nachos
One of my favorite local restaurants, Zeppelins, has the best chicken nachos. Its famous dish inspired me to create my own, with the added convenience of using the pressure cooker. I recommend fresh cilantro because it makes the dish pop with flavor. —Natalie Hess, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 min. + releasing
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Minced fresh cilantro, pickled jalapeno slices and sour cream
- Place chicken, salsa and peppers in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. Quick release pressure; press cancel. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to pressure cooker. Using a slotted spoon, serve chicken over chips; sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, cilantro. Add toppings of choice.