Pressure-Cooker Black Bean Chicken Nachos
One of my favorite local restaurants, Zeppelins, has the best chicken nachos. Its famous dish inspired me to create my own, with the added convenience of using the pressure cooker. I recommend fresh cilantro because it makes the dish pop with flavor. —Natalie Hess, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 min. + releasing
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Minced fresh cilantro, pickled jalapeno slices and sour cream
- Place chicken, salsa and peppers in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust pressure to high and set time for 8 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 7 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to pressure cooker. Using a slotted spoon, serve chicken over chips; sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, cilantro. Add toppings of choice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without chips): 280 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Black Bean Chicken Nachos in Instant Pot Recipes to Convert