Pressure-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Don't be shy about loading up the spices and shredded chicken into your pressure cooker. Chicken tortilla soup tastes great as leftovers the next day. Your family will thank you for this one! —Karen Kelly, Germantown, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Optional: chopped avocado, jalapeno, and lime wedges
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for high heat; add oil. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro. Stir. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve.
- Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 8 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from the pressure cooker. Shred with 2 forks; return to pressure cooker. Stir in cilantro. If desired, serve with toppings.
Jan 24, 2020
Get rid of the canola oil and swap for olive oil which is how I do this one! It's a healthier alternative
Jan 14, 2020
Where are the tortillas? They are not mentioned in this recipe.