Grandma’s Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
I've made this soup weekly since I modified my grandma's recipe for my pressure cooker. Chicken soup, especially this one, is quick to make and budget-friendly for any large family. mdash;Tammy Stanko, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 celery ribs, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 package (8 ounces) uncooked fine egg noodles, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Select saute setting on a 3- or 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for normal heat; add oil. Brown the chicken thighs. Add carrots, celery and broth into pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Evenly divide noodles among serving bowls; top with 1 chicken thigh and top with broth. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.