Pressure-Cooker Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup
We loved this Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup by Kevin Bruckerhoff of Columbia, Missouri, and thought it would make a great pressure-cooker recipe. It doesn't disappoint! Pair your Instant Pot chicken and rice soup with fresh rolls and a simple salad. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 3 quarts chicken broth or water
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, place all ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 5 minutes; quick-release pressure.
- With a slotted spoon, remove chicken. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard skin and bones. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Skim fat from broth; add chicken. Select saute setting and adjust for high heat; cook until chicken is heated through. if desired, sprinkle with parsley.