Pressure Cooker Loaded Chicken Veggie Soup
When someone at our house gets sick, I whip up this quick and easy chicken soup. It resembles chicken noodle, but uses a variety of veggies instead of noodles for even more nutrition. Plus, if you use a pressure cooker or slow cooker, it makes meal prep even simpler! — Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 large)
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker and adjust for medium heat; add 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook until browned, 3-4 minutes. Press cancel.
- Add remaining ingredients. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 3 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Remove chicken and shred with two forks; return to pressure cooker to heat through. Serve.