Pressure Cooker Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 70 min. + releasing
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 large red potatoes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place the onion, potatoes and carrots in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Combine the water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, pepper and contents of spice packet; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high and set time for 70 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 414 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1191mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2019
My husband and I make our own corned beef brine by using the spice kit from Penzey Spices. Did rinse it off because of all the salt. Put in some rosemary and thyme, used beef broth for the liquid. I cooked the meat for 35 minutes and had it sit and release pressure naturally, carrots and potatoes for 10 minutes, fast released then did the same with cabbage for 1 minute. It was in steps but, veggies weren't mushy nor cabbage turned to water.