Pressure Cooker Indian-Style Chicken and Vegetables
This easy Indian-influenced dish is one just about everyone will love. Feel free to add more or less tikka masala sauce according to your taste. —Erica Polly, Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 jars (15 ounces each) tikka masala curry sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Naan flatbreads, warmed
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine chicken and vegetables; add sauce, water and salt. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170°. If desired, top with cilantro; serve with warmed naan.
- Freeze option: Omitting cilantro and naan, freeze cooled chicken and vegetable mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with warmed naan.