Pressure Cooker Pork and Cabbage Dinner
For a complete meal-in-one, you'll savor this slow-cooked ham, broccoli and rice dish that has all the goodness of an oven-baked casserole. It's perfect for a Sunday afternoon dinner. —Krista Harrison, Brazil, Indiana.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 55 min.+ releasing
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound medium carrots
- 1 small head cabbage (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Place in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Add the water, soup mix, garlic and celery seed. Cut roast in half; place in cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to high and set time for 50 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise and then into 2-in. pieces. Add carrots and cabbage to cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to normal and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving plate; keep warm. If desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy and serve with the roast.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 424 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Pork and Cabbage Dinner in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.