Pressure Cooker Savory Mustard Pork Roast
The unique pairing of honey and molasses with diced tomatoes, red wine and stone-ground mustard yields the most delightful mustard sauce with just a hint of sweetness in this pressure cooker pork roast. —Ezra Elkon, Charles Town, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 90min.+ releasing
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Select saute and adjust for high heat in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; heat oil. Brown roast on all sides. Add tomatoes and onion; pour broth and wine around meat. Combine the mustard, garlic, honey, molasses and thyme; pour over pork.
- Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual; adjust pressure to high and set time for 90 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove roast; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, skim fat from cooking juices. Select saute and adjust for high heat; bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes. Slice or shred pork and serve with sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 395 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1103mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Savory Mustard Pork Roast in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow