Pressure Cooker Coffee Beef Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 55 min. + releasing
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2-1/2 pounds), halved
- 1-1/2 cups brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Select saute or browning setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add 1 teaspoon oil. When oil is hot, brown one roast half on all sides. Remove; repeat with remaining beef and oil. Add coffee to pressure cooker. Cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Press cancel. Add mushrooms, green onions, garlic, liquid smoke if desired, salt, chili powder, pepper and beef.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 50 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. A thermometer inserted in beef should read at least 145°. Press cancel.
- Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve 2 cups cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Transfer back to pressure cooker. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast and vegetables. Freeze option: Place sliced pot roast and vegetables in freezer containers; top with sauce. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked beef: 281 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2019
Twelve months ago I constantly had to go to the bathroom. I thought it was because I gave up soft drinks and was only drinking water. One day I had a stomachache. I was in bed for 4 days. The doctor's appointment was for a Wednesday. I got sick and went to emergency room on a Monday. I was told my blood sugar level was 810 and I have diabetes. I was taking taking metformin 1000 mg twice daily. It Wasn't really helping Last year, a family friend told me about Organic Herbal clinic and their successful Diabetes TREATMENT, I visited their website ww w . organicherbalclinic. co m and ordered their Diabetes Formula, i am happy to report the treatment effectively treated and reversed my Diabetes, most of the symptoms stopped, I'm able to eat well, sleep well and exercise regularly., I'm pretty active now and my attitude is extremely positive.