Pressure-Cooker Pot Roast Hash
I love to cook a "Sunday style" pot roast for weeknights. Make it into pot roast hash for any day of the week. —Gina Jackson, Ogdensburg, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min. + releasing
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 10 large eggs, divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Minced chives
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, whisk water and beef base; add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Sprinkle roast with pepper; transfer to pressure cooker. Drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 45 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove roast; when cool enough to handle, shred meat with 2 forks. In a large skillet, cook potatoes according to package directions; stir in shredded beef. Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables from pressure cooker to skillet; heat through. Discard cooking juices.
- For eggs, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat in another large skillet. Break 5 eggs, 1 at a time, into pan. Sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cook until eggs reach desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired. Repeat with remaining butter, eggs, salt and pepper. Serve eggs over hash; sprinkle with chives.
Test Kitchen tips