Pressure Cooker Beef and Beans
This deliciously spicy steak and beans over rice will have friends asking for more. It's a favorite in my recipe collection. —Marie Leamon, Bethesda, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into thin strips. Combine mustard, chili powder, salt, pepper and garlic in a bowl; add steak and toss to coat. Transfer to a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; add tomatoes, onion, water and bouillon.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 15 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Stir in beans; heat through. Serve with rice.