Pressure Cooker Mushroom Chicken and Peas
Some amazingly fresh mushrooms I found at our local farmers market inspired this recipe. When you start with the best ingredients, you can't go wrong. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix, pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add mushrooms, onion, water and garlic. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°. Press cancel. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Add peas; simmer, uncovered, until peas are tender, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture: 282 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Slow Cooked Spring Chicken with Farmers Market Mushroom and Peas in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.