Peas with Mushrooms
This recipe is a savory side dish with a fresh taste, even though it calls for convenient frozen peas.—Mary Dennis, Bryan, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute the mushrooms and onions in butter for 3-5 minutes. Add marjoram, salt if desired, pepper and nutmeg; mix well. Add peas and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 95 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Peas with Mushrooms in Taste of Home October/November 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.