Pasta with Prosciutto and Peas
This elevated pasta with prosciutto and peas will make your guests think you spent all day in the kitchen. It's the perfect holiday dish without a lot of work. —Amy White, Manchester, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound uncooked campanelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 green onions, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter and 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add green onions and shallot; cook and stir until tender. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in lettuce and peas. Cook and stir until lettuce is wilted. Drain pasta; add to pan. Stir in cheese and prosciutto; drizzle with remaining oil. If desired, top with additional Parmesan cheese.