Mushroom Pea Casserole
This is one of my go-to side dishes that my whole family loves. It's great with chicken, ham, beef and pork; in fact, I haven't found anything it isn't delicious with. —Lisa Lyons, Westerville, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 cups frozen peas, thawed (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 package (2.80 ounces) french-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Stir in peas, soup and milk. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with onions. Bake, uncovered, until heated through, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 163 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pea and Mushroom Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.