Peas in Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese; stir until melted. Stir in peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 114 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 6, 2013
Not enough cheese for me. I could taste too much of the flour. I would make this again, but I'd have to tweak it a little bit.
Feb 16, 2012
I've made this 3 times and each time it has gotten rave reviews.
May 19, 2011
A favorite. Easy and good.
Oct 17, 2010
Very good. We make these often. Good way to get the kids to eat their peas.
Nov 28, 2009
We had this for Thanksgiving 2009. My 19 y/o son home from college made it. He liked it so much he wants the recipe! It is that good, everyone who ate it loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.