Peas & Pasta Carbonara
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add milk and cream cheese; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain fettuccine and peas; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 553 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Sep 17, 2016
This is an easy meal. I doubled the garlic and a 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese . I added pepper before tossing as well. Great with a small salad or breadsticks. I've added this to my recipe box for a quick & simple weeknight dinner.
Feb 4, 2014
I thought it was tasty! I especially liked that I had all the ingredients on hand and that it was quick to make. The sauce was smooth and creamy. My children enjoyed it as well.
Feb 4, 2014
I just copied the peas & pasta recipe. However I then looked at the picture and you left out the grape tomatos in the ingredients and directions??
Jan 30, 2012
This recipe was super simple and quick. But the best part was the silky sauce. There was no grainy texture to it at all. We ate it immediately, which probably kept it from turning thick and gluey as the previous reviewer remarked. It just needed salt and it was really good.
Jan 21, 2012
Lacked flavor. The "sauce" turned out VERY thick and gluey. If you choose to make this, use more milk, more garlic or use a garlic powder. We didn't save the leftovers... unusual for us, but it wasn't worth eating twice. Sorry...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.