Mushroom Pasta Carbonara
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 511 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Sep 27, 2016
My family absolutely loves this. I actually use more than the 6-8 drop of hot sauce to give it a little more kick and I add diced chicken to it also. Thank you for sharing.
Jan 17, 2016
Make this all the time. Big family favorite!
Oct 17, 2015
Terrific recipe but it needs the addition of some fresh basil, rosemary or tarragon. I also use fat free 1/2 and 1/2 with some chicken broth. I liked someone's idea for using kielbasa. And, it is not carbonara without bacon. That flavor and texture is essential. : )
Oct 5, 2015
pretty good would make again but make a little more sauce it was a little dry
Jun 27, 2015
This was a huge hit at our house. My husband said he'd eat it every night. I used seasoned grated parmesan - basil & sun-dried tomato - instead of plain parmesan.
Mar 26, 2015
Sep 15, 2014
I left out the bacon, but still, I didn't think this was very tasty. I wasn't digging the intense onion-y flavor and besides that it was kinda plain. Don't think I'll make it again. (It was very easy to make though!)
Aug 29, 2014
My wife and I both loved this. The only thing we changed was to use fresh baby Bella mushrooms instead of jarred. Mmmmmmmm..........
Feb 3, 2014
Made this tonight. Absolutely delicious. Didn't make any changes other than using entire box of penne pasta and added a bit more cream, butter, garlic, and cheese. Next time, I will try it with fat free half and half and less butter to make it a little more healthy. This would be good with grilled chicken as many others suggest. Restaurant quality taste in my opinion.
Jan 4, 2014
very good pasta, I made one change I used sliced fresh mushrooms instead just because I prefer their flavor in pastas and I had some I wanted to use