Mushroom Feta Pasta
“This is great 'company's coming' food,” Erika writes from her home in Monroe, Michigan. For added color, she suggests substituting asparagus for half of the mushrooms.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the wine or broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Drain pasta. Stir into mushroom mixture; sprinkle with feta. Toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 262 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Fabiola Pasta in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008
Apr 23, 2017
This was good. I substituted olive oil for the butter and used white wine rather than chicken broth. Also eliminated the onion and added more garlic. Thanks.
May 9, 2012
The flavor combination in this was great