Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, eggs and cream until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Gradually stir into egg mixture. Add peas to hot skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through. Pour egg mixture into skillet all at once, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon with a thin film and a thermometer reads 160°, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with bacon, cheese, salt and pepper; toss again. Serve immediately with additional cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 474 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 209mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 12, 2011
I love this recipe! the only trouble I have with it is, the EGG SAUCE! How in the world did the "test kitchen" people come up with the 5minutes and the sauce comes to 160° degrees and it's good to go?! I also love tossing the pasta as I add the sauce, a bit easier. See how over time that there maybe more help out there for us home cooks, (currently All Recipes only love scrambled eggs) doesn't seem like sauce then!!Thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.