Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings.
- In same pan, combine cream, cheese, parsley and bacon; heat through over medium heat. Stir in tortellini. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 527 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jan 16, 2020
This pasta dish is absolutely delicious! With only five ingredients, it’s a perfect go-to weeknight dinner, yet fancy enough for company. Add a salad and garlic bread to round out the perfect meal.
Oct 6, 2019
Linda, the directions refer to the cream and then the parm cheese. You missed the comma.
Sep 29, 2019
Haven't made it yet. Recipe calls for heavy whipping cream but the directions refer to cream cheese. Which is correct?
Jul 22, 2019
I used frozen tortellini, I plan on making this again and will add chicken!
May 16, 2019
This was delicious and oh so easy! I substituted 2 1/2 cups dry tortellini for refrigerated.
Feb 20, 2019
I've made Carbonara with eggs, but this is easier. Take the mixture out of the pan you cooked it in to add the eggs or you'll run the risk of having scrambled eggs. I think using half cream and half eggs is genius!
Feb 7, 2019
My family loved this recipe. I doubled the sauce, used Keisarinna cheese
Oct 8, 2018
I knew this would be good, but as with all recipes that have limited ingredients, spices are left out. I chopped two garlic cloves and heated until fragrant (about 30 sec) before making the sauce. I also included salt and pepper to the sauce. It was absolutely delicious! My husband loved it. I will definitely make this again.
Jun 13, 2018
Wow! How can something this simple be so good. I was skeptical at first with so few ingredients for the sauce, but the sauce is out of this world. Will make this again for sure!
May 8, 2018
Made with a larger package of tortellini and frozen cooked bacon heated in the microwave. Very easy and yummy! Did not add the parsley.